Toilet too small to poop in!

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:33 pm
by bradbos (deleted)

We have an Eriba triton.
I am over 6 ft tall. We stay on sites with no facilities. The bathroom is so small that when I sit down for a #2 I have to have the door open. Not very good when wife is still in bed. Also the toilet is very small and I have a lot of difficulty using it. Any tips for use?

Scroll up

RE: Toilet too small to poop in!

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:38 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.485 Posts

I seem to recall Dometic, or other caravan toilet producer, have available an extra top rim that brings the height of the loo up. Unfortunately I cannot find it on the web, but definitely worth a search.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:41 pm
by bradbos (deleted)

Yes I’ve had a look and thetford do one for toilet we have. It is an extender by 70 mm. This could be a good solution although £50.
Thanks

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:49 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.628 Posts

It depends which toilet configuration you have, for a short time they had a stem toilet, most are a bench. I have a bench, a lot of folks don’t use their toilet in full anger (no2s). However I do, without been too graphic I find it easier to put my right foot on the wheel arch when using the thunder box.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:58 pm
by bradbos (deleted)

Can’t put your leg on the wheel arch in our van!
Think the extender might be the way to go. Will take a bit of practice but might make all the difference.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:43 am
by Randa france | 13.135 Posts

In our van, I took the sink out giving a lot more knee space. Why the need for two sinks within touching distance of each other?

Just looking at your profile, you own a 1999 Triton 430 which will have the same configuration as our 99 Troll 530. There's details of our sink removal on here somewhere. Check search engine.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:46 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:47 am
by Simboc2004 | 743 Posts

Our 2005 Triton has a much better sink layout than our previous 1999 and 2000 ones did - and i think, from photos, that the post 2010 layout is even better, giving far more knee room. I agree that it is much easier to use the loo with the door open - also to pull one's trousers and nether garments up! All part of the fun of Eriba ownership...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:52 am

Bradbos. Here's the thread about removing the bathroom sink. Our 2020 modifications in readiness for a 2021 season. Table top Freezer and Washroom Sink

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:39 pm
by Islay | 294 Posts

An alternative could be to get a shower tent, put a shower and loo in, so having a larger, seperate but private space! The bathroom is so small. I'm 5'2 so can use the loo ok but shower in the tent.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:44 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.485 Posts

A two loo caravan, now that would be posh. Getting back to basics, if you did have a portable, then the problem is probably worse. The Fiamma/Porta Potti's come in different heights depending upon the holding tank capacity. When we had our famila 310 I bought a low version so it was easy to store where the gas fire had been removed. Unfortunately it was so low that it meant getting down to sit on it was a bit difficult and I had to make a stand to sit the loo on.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:00 pm

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #10
A two loo caravan, now that would be posh. Getting back to basics, if you did have a portable, then the problem is probably worse. The Fiamma/Porta Potti's come in different heights ........When we had our famila 310 I bought a low version....Unfortunately it was so low that it meant getting down to sit on it was a bit difficult and I had to make a stand to sit the loo on.

Colin

Yes, you're not alone with that one Colin. I hear it's been a centuries old problem even for very short people who found they were unusable so had to walk a long way to a suitable toilet.

It was famously written about by that 19th
French Artist who, when he complained about the problem and the long walk, was nicknamed "Two Loos La Trek".
Randa

scouteralf, Inspecta_Gadget and like this post!
Last edited Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:08 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:07 pm
by Islay | 294 Posts

Roger, I can't possibly click on "like" after that joke!

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Simboc2004 and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:09 pm

Islay. You old Meany you. I thought it was good.

Islay likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:19 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.029 Posts

The post 2010 loo designs have been better than their older brethren, though the swivel toilet of 2010 to 2013 wasn't such a good idea.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:07 pm
by bradbos (deleted)

Thanks for all replies especially Randa France for sink removal. This would be a good solution but wife likes sink and I don’t think you can take the cupboard out underneath and leave the sink in.
Thought about thetford C2 toilet riser but after a 70 mm practice didn’t like the idea plus too expensive and not a nice look.
Don’t want two toilets. Need to keep things simple.
We’re away on a club meet no facilities in a couple of weeks time so for now it’s the door open option👍

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0