Leaking front window

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:23 pm
by JenB (deleted)

Hi. I apologise for this ask as it must be such a coming question! We’ve just bought a 1992 Eriba Pam Familia, loved her instantly, she’s now called Maude. First day we noticed water inside the van that had come through the front fixed window. I read on this forum ‘do not use silicone’ to try to fix this issue. So we’re going to try sealant - which is best for the job? Our window seal is black rubber - soudal crystal adhesive & sealant OR another type? The rubber seal is past its best and so is the window itself. Guess it’s worth a try though, before we resort to replacing the rubber seal? Thanks, Jen

Scroll up

RE: Leaking front window

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:35 pm
by Simboc2004 | 749 Posts

I'm a great fan of Soudal Crystal. Do you need it to be black sealant? There is also some magic rubber cleaner/revitaliser that was recommended on here recently (I think) called Gummi Pflege-Stift. Others are available - just search for "rubber revitaliser for autos". That would mean dismantling the window to treat it, so sealant may be easier.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:25 pm
by JenB (deleted)

Thank you very much.
Has anyone used Captain Tolley’s Creeping Crack Cure (real name!) for sealing round windows. It’s chucking it down today (and often), we live in Cumbria after all! So now we also see water tricking down the inside of the front under the front window, we assume from the join under the metal trim. Sadly we haven’t got a garage/ carport. May use a tarp, temporarily 😢 Thanks

Last edited Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:35 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:08 pm
by cabbie37 | 689 Posts

I have not used it myself (the creeping crack cure) but know several people who have who swear by it..

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:24 pm
by Simboc2004 | 749 Posts

I have used Captain Tolley's with great success and recommended it to others who have also used it. My two leaking windscreens were totally sealed by it. My friend had virtual stoppage and was going to try it again, but I haven't heard how successfully yet.

It needs to be dry when you do it.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:24 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107399 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1