Remis Blind Not Closing

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:02 pm
by bristolmitch | 1 Post

Hi All,
Not sure if someone has covered this before , but I had a search before I attempted it and couldn;t find anything.

For a while now I have had a couple of blinds that have started clicking and refusing to retract. I sorted it out temporarily by increasing the tension on the spring , but I felt that I something else was amiss. I got back from a recent trip and decided to "have a go" at fixing the issue, because I now had 2 blinds refusing to retract. DISCLAIMER!! I managed to fix both blinds , but I was aware when dismantling ,that things could come apart rather more that you planned if you are not careful !!! The pictures attached are of the toilet blind , which I had to completely remove in order to work on . The first blind was the front window, which is tricky to access , but there is enough space so that you can just take the top section off and leave the sides in situ.
Steps are , 1. I made a "false wall" on my workmate so that i could attach the blind in the same position as if it was in the van. (Eriba1 pic) I then removed the cover panel , 3 screws each side) This does create outward tension on the sides of the blind , but I felt confident it would hold. (I could have attached a wooden block each side to support the blind ) I could then see the reason for the failure to retract. In Eriba2 pic , you can see a translucent wire/cable that has worked it way out of the main blind roller and is hitting the side of the case . With a small screwdriver , I pushed the wire/cable back into the blind roller (eriba pic 3) and it now works fine. Additionally, it needs a lot less tension to work. The same had happened with the insect screen (Eriba pics 4 and 5) I was half tempted to glue in a a small block in the roller to stop the cable coming out in the future, but I quit whilst I was ahead!!!
All i need now is the right Sikaflex to refit the screws. Is it EBT+?eriba1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)eriba2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)eriba3.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)eriba4.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)eriba5.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107695 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2