White touch up paint

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:37 am
by johnf | 7 Posts

Hi Folks, I haven't posted for a while as I sold my 2014 Triton 430 in the early days of Covid. As a true indication of how open I am to new experiences, I bought a 2014 Triton 430 last week. I am lucky as it is in very good condition but does have some small patches where the white paint has been taken off of the top of the dimples.

I had this on my old Triton and sourced a touch up paint that came in a small bottle with a brush (a bit like Tippex). I just can't find any receipt or paperwork for this. I have a feeling that it was a Fiat white. I have tried searching here but cannot come up with anything definitive. I thought I would try the forum first, partly to re-engage, before going to Leisure First or Kool Classics. Has anyone got any knowledge on this?

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: White touch up paint

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:18 pm
by Simboc2004 | 749 Posts

back. There is an extensive discussion on here - somewhere - about paint colours. I think it may have changed post 2010? Or perhaps it's just the white that's the same. Or not... Anyway, my 2005 Triton is in Fiat Bianco 210 (White). This seemed to be correct up to 2013, when it changed.
Others (later) seem to be Fiat Bianco 268 or 934...

The lower grey seemed to change around the time that production moved to Germany. Earlier vans = RAL 2007 G/Pearl Grey, Later vans = RAL 7038 Agate Grey (NCS 2502)

Search above for "Colour Codes" to find the discussion I have distilled this from...

Cheers, Simon

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:29 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:35 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.502 Posts

The white dimpled finish is not the Fiat Bianco. I had to get a touch up for my now sold 2017 Triton 430 from Lowdhams when I bought it. If you PM me middle of next week when we are back from France I might be able to look up the stock code for you

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:02 pm
by johnf | 7 Posts

Many thanks for your thoughts Simon and yes Colin, I will pm you mid to late next week. I will continue looking in the meantime.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:39 pm
by Simboc2004 | 749 Posts

I looked out my white touch up paint and, very helpfully, they had folded the label over itself when sticking it on and it obscures the paint code number. Grrrr. I know it matches my 2005 white van.

I just found the receipt - my van is Fiat Bianco 210

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:53 am
by johnf | 7 Posts

Thank you Simbo. I see I can get a small pot of that for about £7.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:11 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.502 Posts

John, the white is different between your two vans. Early white over silver had a nice bright was white. Your dimpled white has a warm tone to it
Just a thought, can you take the under bed locker hatch off to have the colour scanned?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:12 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:57 pm
by johnf | 7 Posts

Thanks Colin and yes, the dimpled white has a warmer tone. I will have a look into getting something like the hatch scanned.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 44 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12785 topics and 107386 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0