Replacement Taps

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:23 am
by Iana1212 | 2 Posts

For the first time we have suffered frost damage to the taps in our 2021 Triton 430GT. We need to replace them. The caravan dealer we used to service the van didn’t have any in stock. Has anyone replaced their taps with standard readily available ones? Eriba seem to complicate matters by using taps for hot and cold and incorporating a spray head in the toilet one. We just need a simple cold water only tap. I thought I had seen a post about this but have searched and cannot find it. Any steer in best direction would be appreciated

Scroll up

RE: Replacement Taps

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:00 pm
by scouteralf | 122 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I have replaced my bathroom tap with a standard hot / cold tap from Eriba dealer in Tebay. easy to do not too fiddly. much better without that silly shower hose wiring is simple and if you have a hot / cold tap already fitted you simply swap the fitting over.
we only use cold side of tap not water heater fitted. From memory the tap tap cost around £60.00 mark.

good luck

troll 530GT pushing Skoda Karoq (petrol)
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:08 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.163 Posts

Hi Lana

That's a bummer - so frustrating. When it happened to us we had ours replaced by Adventure Leisure in Tebay, at some considerable cost..........

I think that you are right that someone posted something about not replacing their taps with Eriba ones but for the life of me I can't remember when it was - I think that it was several years ago. I used to print some feeds out and put them in a file. I will have look tonight in my old paper file to see if I printed this one and will contact you if I find it.

Good luck

MikeT

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:17 pm
by chezmart | 186 Posts

The standard taps aren't Eriba specific taps. They are made by Reich and ours was the Kama model. As you say they are around £60 each though.

2012 Troll 550 - BMW 220d Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:32 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.096 Posts
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:24 pm
by Iana1212 | 2 Posts

Haven’t taken the taps off yet but they do look like the Reichman taps. Dealer thought we needed new taps but if all it needs is a cartridge that would be less wasteful than replacing the whole tap.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:47 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

They sell them at screwfix ceramic tap cartridge £4.71 just check which you require they do 35mm and 40mm good luck very fiddly contortionist springs to mind 👍🏻

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1