Keyless Cars

in We've got it down to a T Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:07 am
by Randa france | 13.164 Posts

An interesting report on BBC 1 News this morning about the increase in the theft of keyless cars for export as a whole or for older cars, export of spares.

Now I've joined the folk who unfortunately own one of these silly cars where a key is not a key it piqued my interest especially as a caravan owner. When camping, whether a keyless car owner or otherwise, apparently our cars are all worth "nicking" and if all that stands between your car's "new owner" and you is a flimsy lock on an Eriba........................I rest my case.

In our case we will shortly have to use the open driveway of a relative to park up and sleep in our Eriba for several days so Faraday bag or not, I still feel at risk.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . 1995 Eriba Puck flying behind Ford Kuga 2L Titanium FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

RE: Keyless Cars

in We've got it down to a T Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:41 am
by pedrobedro | 13 Posts

Put a Disklok on the steering wheel, they don't want anything that complicates the job and slows them down.
https://www.carnoisseur.com/products/det...b7b298b6162d368

Last edited Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:42 am | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:02 am

What goes around comes around Pedro.

French people used to laugh their socks off 30 years ago at we Brits when they saw steering wheel clamps of control pedal clamps on our cars.

Oh, dear, whai is the World coming to?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . 1995 Eriba Puck flying behind Ford Kuga 2L Titanium FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:03 am | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:13 am
by pedrobedro | 13 Posts

Most of their cars are not worth nicking though and they probably still have the same car now

1998 Puck towed with Vitara 1.6
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:49 am
by eribaMotters | 5.505 Posts

You'll be fine Roger. Those bags are up to the job.
When I looked at a Volvo XC40 a few months ago I raised my concerns about keyless entry and camping. Things have moved on and I was told when you put the keys down, or they remain stationary for 30 seconds then the car locks automatically.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:24 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.098 Posts

Maybe you can disable the keyless entry if you're worried about it.

https://www.ford.co.uk/support/how-tos/k...e-keyless-entry

Steve

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:51 pm
by Islay | 299 Posts

Quote: pedrobedro wrote in post #4
Most of their cars are not worth nicking though and they probably still have the same car now
Now now!!! Our car is very nice!!!

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:13 pm

Quote: Steve and Debbie wrote in post #6
Maybe you can disable the keyless entry if you're worried about it.

https://www.ford.co.uk/support/how-tos/k...e-keyless-entry

Steve

What a palaver. Nobody has convinced me as to why having a keyless key is better than having a key that you stick in a slot. I've just read that the Mini has an innovative idea and now has rechargable keyless keys. You stick it in a slot in the dashboard. T'riffic.

Randa

Last edited Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:13 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107398 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3