WANTED one leg table for 420 Triton

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:14 am
by mrs_c (deleted)

Looking for an Eriba table to use with our external table rail. Would consider swapping for our stand-alone one.

Thanks - Marie & Mark!

image.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: WANTED one leg table for 420 Triton

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:31 am
by hob (deleted)

If you don't have any luck you could always make your own, I understand new ones are very expensive

Table click here

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import

Last edited Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:32 am | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:25 am
by mrs_c (deleted)

Thanks hob.

Your table looks amazing! DH will look into obtaining the strip if we can't solicite a swap! We never use the table inside and really miss the flexibility to adjust the leg height outside.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:26 am
by Blueyonder (deleted)

We have the standalone table that came with our new Triton and it is a royal pain in the ****! way too heavy, doesn't go between the seats/under the bed, comes loose from the transit strap when travelling (although maybe my driving!)....I also nearly sliced the top of my finger off folding it one day. But don't part with it, in case you want to sell the van because buyers seem to want all the original accessories.

I was quoted 600 quid by AL for a new single leg table from Eriba! They also offered to take one leg off the standalone one, cut one end straight and fit a rail for 200 and something! So, we are making one, then we can have the size n shape that suits us, use lighter material and for a sensible price. Then the original can go in the attic (with the end cabinet, that extra end seat cushion with wooden bits on, the shower curtain..... and very soon the bathroom door!) in case we ever sell.

2010 VW T5 & 2014 Triton, both in silver.

Last edited Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:28 am | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:32 am
by hob (deleted)

The table strip is available here, they also sell table legs too

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/home/product_28608/table_strip_beige.aspx

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:59 pm
by Randa france | 13.205 Posts

Zitat
Quote Blueyonder:- I was quoted 600 quid by AL for a new single leg table from Eriba!

600 squids!!! We're not going to leave ours out and unguarded in the future
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:52 pm
by Vanman (deleted)

If you build your own table buy one of these adjustable legs - http://www.justkampers.com/height-adjustable-table-leg.html

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:27 pm
by Ribski | 1.468 Posts

That's the one I've replaced my original with - means that if used outside it will adjust to any slope or rise in the ground outside - well worth it, I think :)

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:01 pm
by mrs_c (deleted)

Thanks everyone for the tips, I think we'll be busy over the winter with this!

Blueyonder, AL quoted us the very same. Shame there wasn't an option to have a single leg table, gutted we didn't keep the one from our trade-in now! What bathroom door are you considering retiring? Our end cabinet bounced out on our last trip, but that may have been DH driving lol!

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:47 am
by Blueyonder (deleted)

The *actual* bathroom door Mrs C!! I don't know whether its us, but despite being careful, the hinges have dropped and have actually bent slightly. AL repaired it after we got it (brand new) by replacing the hinges but its now happened again - the towel rails on the back of a fairly flimsy door are not a good idea, especially to store wet towels if its raining. Now we have to lift the door slightly in order to close it. Maybe it wont get any worse but in any case, we find it a pain as it opens into the room, and at over 6 feet tall I cannot move when I am in there with the door shut. It's only for night time pee pees but we store lots of stuff in there so are in and out. So, it will be replaced by a nice snazzy curtain to match cushions etc. It will hang using the shower curtain track and all that canvas privacy stuff at the top will come out.

Our end cabinet is already in the attic! The door will keep it company

2010 VW T5 & 2014 Triton, both in silver.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:15 pm
by mrs_c (deleted)

Oh wow, that's what I thought you meant blueyonder, what a good idea though and makes perfect sense! We've had no issues with the door (as yet and we have the same van abet not in the lovely silver). The door seems to be the same design as our 2012 320 and we only use 'camping' type extremely lightweight towels, so now issue with the rails etc.

I have however made a mess of several of the brass hinges in a couple of the overhead lockers due to catching items in the lip So used to closing the doors without this consideration (don't recall this in the 320) and keep catching all sorts. The hinges are so soft, we need to have these looked at along with one of the bed ratchets.

DH has decided he's going to make our new table using a laminated kitchen cupboard door, cutting down to size and rounding off using edging strips.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/cream-kitchens...CFQcewwodZGgArQ

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:43 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Whatever you do don't cannibalise the original table.

I purchased a used 540 where a misguided previous owner had removed the legs and hacked about 6 ins off the end. That exposed the hollow honeycomb core and made the table surface at the edge very brittle and easily broken. They fixed an aluminium strip across the cut end but it didn't hide the core or straggly edge and fitted a single folding leg. In the case of our '05 van the table stored in a cradle under the offside bench. As it had been shortened it was no longer held firmly in place in the cradle and slid up against the exterior locker door lock, which ripped lumps out of the lovely stained wooden edge moulding.

So from having a table that could be used anywhere; in the van, in the awning, in the garden, even in the house, we ended up with a table that could only hook on the side of the van and looked like a disaster.

A replacement new table was at least £700 two years ago.

It was that bad that when we sold the 540 we kept it back and never showed it to the buyers. After the van had gone we took the table to the tip.

An '05 540 had the front dinette table and the extending rear centre cabinet so the table was rarely needed inside the van and for the awning we used a lightweight folding table we had from motorhome days.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:08 am
by mrs_c (deleted)

I think we're in agreement, the current stand-alone table will remain intact and it's heading to the loft with the other obsolete items as we speak! £700 is a ridiculous price for a new table from Hymer

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:35 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.631 Posts

I made a table for my previous Puck out of some MDF, fablon, and one of those legs from justkampers. It is the exact same leg that is on my 2012 Familia.

g30p380-Puck-seats.html

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:40 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

If all you want is a table for outside I wouldn't bother with worrying about having it fit to the side of the van. After all there a loads of different ready-made lightweight tables at accessory shops etc and they give you flexibility because they can be used anywhere.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 41 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107697 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6