RE: Some novice questions

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:25 am
by Bigloue (deleted)

We just stuff cushions into the lockers with crockery in to stop any movement and breakage😄

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:26 am
by Agger (deleted)

We use normal dinner plates but protect them by using a tea cloth between them (we carry 2 x dinner, 2 x tea plates, 2 x cereal bowls) we also wrap our frying pan and wok in tea cloths.

We travel light but eat well, using only an induction hob and a steamer (we are nearly always on ehu)

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish!

They teach you truth is good, then when you tell the truth everyone get's offended!
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:08 am
by matt and hazel (deleted)

We've got the inflatable quechua "living room" which is massive and very easy to put up. Just pump up two bladders and put it up against the van or leave it free standing for a bit of shade.

Triton 410 "Eddie" Hyundai IX 20
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:46 am
by Poptop320 | 2.629 Posts

We use melamine plates, as for storage we have a Familia 320 and when travelling we have all the crockery and cooking utensils in a plastic container under the back seat. When pitched up the crockery goes under the sink in another container that had the food in during transit.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:27 pm
by coco123 (deleted)

Thank you! Great tips 😊 I think half the problem is that I don't need much stuff as we already have lots from camping.... I am just looking for things I need!

So, an induction hob, do you use that instead of the gas in the caravan or in the awning? I have to be careful as I have a 1 yr old. I was hoping not to actually cook inside the caravan as we are fond of smelly food! But someone else mentioned that it's better to save the gas which makes sense. Hmmm, maybe a foldout kitchen in the awning would be good.

Too many decisions!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:44 pm
by Randa france | 13.164 Posts

We took our fold out camping kitchen with us for a number of years but decided it was too much hassle putting it up and taking it down.
As well as using our Eriba table outside the van, we also take one of those 10 quid roll up, aluminium slatted tables to put the cooker on.
The induction hob should be very safe with kids around for it's only the pan that gets hot.
We rarely cook inside the Eriba.
As an ex-camper, you'll probably start off by taking far to much of your old camping equipment and if you're anything like us, it'll take years before you abandon all those nice, useless, bits of camping gear
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

likes this post!
Last edited Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:44 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:49 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I'm with Agger there, the induction hob is a brilliant bit of kit, but be aware you need pans with a steel base to cook with, it's as fast if not faster than gas, and it's the pan which gets hot not the cooker.
Dave

and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:12 pm
by Randa france | 13.164 Posts

Quote: eribanaut wrote in post #22
I'm with Agger there, the induction hob is a brilliant bit of kit, but be aware you need pans with a steel base to cook with, it's as fast if not faster than gas, and it's the pan which gets hot not the cooker.
Dave

This is what we bought Outwell Feast Pan Set (Large) and, as you can see, it packs within itself and is induction hob friendly. They are sold at Amazon too (but they fail to mention that they can be used on an induction hob ).
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:45 pm
by coco123 (deleted)

Great,... An induction hob it it then :) I was going to ask about pans next...... But you beat me to it! I have a moisture of an old tranger type set and ceramic coated ones. Neither will be suitable for induction but at least I know that I'll get induction before I bought my new pans. Will check out the outwell set.

I am definitely one for taking too much but I love collecting little things for camping ....... Like the cheap roll top table I think I got fro netto or somewhere 10 yrs ago or so! I also love mini things..... Hence the eriba!!

Still undecided on plates but I might wait and see. We can make do with what we have for now. Looking forward so much to our first trip (Dolomites) and then a month of to Sweden and back. Maybe I'll get some beautiful Scandinavian designer plates! Oo, with moomins on! 😃

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:49 pm
by Agger (deleted)

I think you mean Trangia? Absolutely brilliant multi fuel, had mine a very long time about 40 years I reckon, always first with a cuppa when I went anywhere in the Army, many thanks for the happy memories

They teach you truth is good, then when you tell the truth everyone get's offended!
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:00 pm
by coco123 (deleted)

Yes I do! Except mine was a cheapo version from argos, I did love it but hated the black soot that the pans got covered in.

Nothing better than a mug of tea in the outdoors - reminds me of camping in north wales with friends sheltering from the rain. Happy days!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:41 pm
by Agger (deleted)

If you use it again use a wet tea bag to wipe the black soot away, works wonders

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:13 am
by Coltoceane (deleted)

It's not ridiculous at all!
Because our Troll is behind a Chevrolet pick-up (or as some here would say: is pushing a Chevrolet.... ), I've decided that a stars and stripes theme would be nice.
We bought some cushions with that theme and I made new curtains, also because I did not like the original ones. I also made a hitch cover out of plastified cotton.
You can find some pictures of my craftwork in the picture gallery.

Wish you a lot of good times with your Eriba.

Corine

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:23 pm
by coco123 (deleted)

Tea bag? Genius!

Love looking at other peoples interiors. Was yours the one with the little white stars on the curtains? Cute! I am guessing I might also want to change the curtains but I've not actually seen my van as it is a 10 hour drive..... Each way! Maybe a task for the winter. We have a fixed bed so I am trying to pick a nice duvet cover as it'll be on display all the time... Decisions, decisions!

and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:43 pm
by Coltoceane (deleted)

Yes the starry curtains are mine.
Because we don't intend to break up the bed every time I also bought some nice duvet covers. And yes....... with stars
Making decisions on what you want to do is half of the fun!

likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 12 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107401 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7