RE: Pimp My Van

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:36 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.748 Posts

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #15
I still haven't forgotten being held to public ridicule by you for a missed apostrophe, dear boy. Quits?

Seriously, I hope you were joking about about getting a clout from your van electrics.

Actually, I wasn't.

The thing is that I sort of went off at half cock with that post because I assumed that the surface-mount plug on the van was a male, like the one I linked to.

I can't check, though, because neither the van nor the fly lead are here for me to look at. If it is like the one in the picture I can understand why I got a wallop from it and I'll change the van fitment to a female as soon as I can.

Notwithstanding that, it did remind me that mixing electricity and water (dew or otherwise) isn't a good plan and I didn't stop to think in the way that I would have before running an extension out across a damp lawn at home to do some job or other up the garden.

Hey ho.

P.S. Quits it is. Let's call it an uneasy truce, eh?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:08 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

NHS cuts ...the unforseen consequences.
That externally mounted male pronged socket should have come with a suitably attired medic ready to shout 'CLEAR!' as you approached.

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:03 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:03 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

I have an external socket mounted under the van. This is only live when connected to the socket inside the underbed locker. I didn't need to make any holes in the van as there are ventilators built into the floor in that area.

image.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)image_2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #18
I have an external socket mounted under the van. This is only live when connected to the socket inside the underbed locker. I didn't need to make any holes in the van as there are ventilators built into the floor in that area.
That's a better idea than the thing that the homicidal maniacs fastened underneath ours some time before we bought it. I just went over to the barn to have a look, and a male surface-mount inlet is exactly what it is.

I must admit I didn't know that it should be a female as John said, but I certainly do now.

When I ditch it I'm inclined to do something similar to yours and have it isolated inside.

You live and learn.

Last edited Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:23 pm | Scroll up

RE:

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:23 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.834 Posts

Sorry for being thick, but why do you need an external socket if you already have one in the underbed locker accessible from the outside?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

RE:

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:26 pm

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #20
Sorry for being thick
That's okay. There's no need to apologise.

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #20
why do you need an external socket if you already have one in the underbed locker accessible from the outside?
We don't have an underbed locker accessible from the outside.

Next?

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE:

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Ah, I understand in your case then, but what's the Frantone logic, I wonder?

Over to you, Tony.

Forum Administrator

RE:

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:35 pm

What we do have, though, are some nicer end outline marker lights than those clunky Hella things that come as standard.

These are Jokon lights with the optional shroud. The lights themselves are easy enough to get, but the shrouds took some chasing down in Germany and needed to be painted white.

P1010396rz.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

They came complete with dead flies and everything. Dashed clever, these Germans.

Scroll up

RE:

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:35 pm
by Randa france | 13.205 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

As we already had the necessary equipment from our camping days, we just use Werbung: A splitter and A mobile mains kit.
The beauty of this method is that the mobile mains kit has a polarity indicator and also has its own trip switch.
Randa

The following contents have been linked to this post:

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

RE:

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:41 pm

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #22
Ah, I understand in your case then, but what's the Frantone logic, I wonder?

Over to you, Tony.
Did he say he had an externally-accessible locker? Maybe he hasn't got one either.

Last edited Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:42 pm | Scroll up

RE:

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:41 pm

That should be fun with a 6amp supply, Roger.

Forum Administrator

Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:04 pm | Scroll up

RE:

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:46 pm

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #25
Did he say he had an externally-accessible locker? Maybe he hasn't got one either.
Are you seriously suggesting that the Frantones with their new Troll that was parked at the (allegedly) upmarket end of the site at the Gloucester meet don't have every conceivable extra fitted to their van? Shame on you, Sir!"

Forum Administrator

Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:04 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:58 pm
by Clippie (deleted)

Zitat
I am a bit puzzled by the bed arrangement. I thought the 430 had a transverse double, not lengthways

Yes your quite right it is a 420, not a 430. That was a slip of the fingers that I did not pick up on (well is wan't underlined in red). Sorry Tony I miss lead you unintentionally - I have amended the original.

Simon.

Last edited Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:17 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:41 pm
by Clippie (deleted)

So Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to pose a question to you all. As I have indicated in my earlier post, whilst in Spain and Portugal we experienced temperatures in the high 30s even going into the 40s (degs C). I have read the posts about assisting the fridge with fans (as demonstrated to us by Roger and Amanda) and I have also read the post about air conditioners and large fans to circulate air. We are using a 12" old desk fan that sits on top of the fridge and works adequately well for our personal comfort. However my quandary is this........

We use the cupboard above and below the kitchen unit for the storage of all those dried food items that do not need to be refrigerated, those items that you would refer to as store cupboard essentials, and in our case includes jar and cans of various sorts. We have noticed that these cupboards and the items in them can get very warm when the sun beats down on the front of the Triton and the temperatures climb. How do I keep these items cool? I don't need to refrigerate them but I think it would be good to stop the contents from over heating.

Answers on a form near you please.

Simon

Last edited Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:42 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:16 pm

Quote: Clippie wrote in post #29
We have noticed that these cupboards and the items in them can get very warm when the sun beats down on the front of the Triton and the temperatures climb. How do I keep these items cool?
Don't go to very hot places. You can't have it all ways.

Well, that's not quite true. You can if you get one of these.

And paint it silver

Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107697 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6