Soon to be Triton 420 owners

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:56 pm
by RicknEll (deleted)

Hi All
After six months of reading and digesting all the information on this site I thought it was about time to introduce myself. After many years of camping with the kids Ellen and I bought a Mazda Bongo campervan then we moved on to a VW campervan and we have had some great holidays in it however after a few cold and wet trips away we decided maybe a caravan was the answer. The problem was I have always said the only caravan I would ever want would be an Airstream mainly because they are unusual quirky and just plain different to your standard caravan, they are also HUGE and expensive, having never towed before this would probably not be the best caravan to start with, plus we don't need anything so big.

Anyway while we where in North Wales last year a Dutch couple turned up on the little CL site we we staying on, they had a Land Rover Defender towing this unusual little caravan that had a roof that popped up and it even had a chimney it was certainly different and quirky and most importantly it wasn't huge, but it didn't look much like an Airstream. When we got home Ellen suggested we Google "small caravans" and see what was available, there was no mention of Eriba on the first page however there was a little picture of an Eriba caravan that looked exactly like the one the Dutch couple had, a few more clicks and we were into the world of Eriba.

We live in Berkshire so a trip to Automotive Leisure was organised I emailed Jason to book an appointment which felt a bit weird, I also made it clear we were on a fact finding mission and would not be placing an order, I think I was expecting some kind of hard sell environment! We arrived at midday Jason was really busy which was great because we were able to look over all the vans in our own time with no pressure, we were really impressed especially when we saw the all silver GT models, different quirky and they even look like a miniature Airstream, we were smitten. Not so smitten that we placed an order though, Jason was fine no hard sell just gave us his advice and prices and home we came.

Then came my research, originally I signed up to the "other" forum then I found this one which seemed different and quirky, rather like the Eriba itself. All the people on here seem really friendly and helpful with none of the unpleasantness found on many forums.
What I deduced from reading the posts on this forum is as follows:

I must buy a Triton 420, this is based on comments such as " Triton 420 is the absolute cream of the Eriba range although the 2003 model is the crème de la crème and "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a person in possession of good sense must be in want of a 420"

I need to purchase some Harley Wax to keep my new caravan looking fantastic.

I may need a Remoska
or a halogen oven
or a mini oven
but not all three

A couple of folding bikes would be useful

I will definitely need a green thing to go in my 13 pin plug.

And too much more to mention

Anyway we went back to A L 4 weeks later and placed an order for a new Triton 420 GT which we hope to pick up at the end of August.

Magpie, Poptop320, , Aaron Calder, , Julie Grafo, shrublands, Ribski and like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Soon to be Triton 420 owners

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:17 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.631 Posts

Hi Rick, I am glad you saw the light and bought an Eriba.... be prepared to be infatuated with them. They have the same cult status as the VW campervan and the Airstreams. When on-site Eriba owners tend to find each other for a chat.. and don't forget to post some photos when you get your van..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:19 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Mr & Mrs Morphy (Bev & Steve) there is a wealth of knowledge on here and as said very friendly we have a couple of meets and Bev and myself look forward to meeting you hopefully at some stage.
Steve

Eriba Troll name Trevor year 2004 pushing a Honda Crv 2.2 diesel residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:22 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Good choice.......but not the best!
540, the dream machine.

Your list doesn't mention an awning.

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

Pepé Le Pew, , and like this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:23 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:27 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Hi there, welcome to Eriba ownership :)

You have ordered the same model as ours, albeit yours will be a year younger. Do you still have the VW? We tow our Triton with the T5 VW campervan we had many a good trip in, but like you, we got cabin fever in the wet on extended trips. We had never towed a caravan before, never even thought of caravanning but now are well and truly converted. We are 3 months into our current trip across western Europe and we delight in all the attention we get with Team Silver (reflex silver T5).

You won't look back.

2010 VW T5 & 2014 Triton, both in silver.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:46 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.834 Posts

Quote: RicknEll wrote in post #1
I must buy a Triton 420, this is based on comments such as " Triton 420 is the absolute cream of the Eriba range although the 2003 model is the crème de la crème and "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a person in possession of good sense must be in want of a 420"
Just so long as you realise that you could substitute any model Eriba or year of production in the above, provided of course that we owned one at the time.

Seriously though, I'm certain that you will be delighted with your new (lucky sod) 420. We love ours, have had some great holidays in it and are looking forward to many more in the years to come.

Please don't hesitate to ask for help or advice should the need arise. Someone on here is bound to have the answer.

Great introduction, by the way, and welcome on board.

PS Your new Eriba will look naked without its Eribafolk sticker. PM me for details.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:58 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:38 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.539 Posts

I'm sure you will be happy with your new Eriba., Whilst there are those who would insist that a 420 is the ultimate Eriba, it is a well known fact that the 225L is THE party wagon. Look forward to meeting you at a Meet.
Julie and Neil

Puck L 225 GT pushing Honda CRV SE 1.6 i-DTEC
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:16 pm
by Randa france | 13.205 Posts

Hi Rick and Ellen.
Not much we can add to the above except if you do get the chance then be at the same meet as the Grafos. They really do know how to party
R and A

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:17 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:40 am
by Ribski | 1.468 Posts
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:09 pm
by RicknEll (deleted)

Good choice.......but not the best!
540, the dream machine.

Your list doesn't mention an awning.

We thought the 540 may be a bit big for our first time

With regards the awning we are going to wait and see how we get on, Ellens not keen but we will see.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:52 pm
by Wordspace (deleted)

I think that continental touring, especially if you're going to be away for months at a time (like the Randa Frances and the Blueyonders - read about their latest adventures elsewhere here), then an awning is pretty much an essential. For UK short breaks I'd think twice. On both of our last two outings we've marvelled about how long it seems to take caravanners to erect an awning, along with all the other things that need to be done when you arrive. Tempers fray too: and then you've got to take the blighter down again a few days later! So we're a bit like Ellen: not keen.

What we are veering towards, though, is a really well-made sun canopy that will stay fixed to the awning rail in transit, and can be wound out and pitched in a couple of minutes. Something for the next touring season, perhaps.

Olivers Twists at http://martynoliver.wordpress.com/

Last edited Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:18 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:46 pm
by RicknEll (deleted)

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #6
[

PS Your new Eriba will look naked without its Eribafolk sticker. PM me for details.

Don't worry i will be in touch for some stickers in fact my problem will be keeping stickers to a minimum, i am afraid Ellen has a bit of a thing about stickers.
This was our camper:
DSCF0255 small.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:51 pm
by campnsnooze (deleted)

Hi and
Regards Chris and Keith

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:42 am
by ellen (deleted)

Hello and welcome from another Ellen. Take no notice what anyone else says, our 2008 Familia 310 is the absolute best but I'm sure you will love your Triton. Look forward to seeing future photos. Ellen and Mark.

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:45 pm
by RicknEll (deleted)

[quote="Blueyonder"|p23561]Hi there, welcome to Eriba ownership :)

You have ordered the same model as ours, albeit yours will be a year younger. Do you still have the VW?
No the Camper has gone we have always loved Land Rovers having had a couple of Discoverys in the past so we have bought a Freelander a lovely a lovely red one. I do realize that the correct vehicle to pull a Triton is a red convertable of the Audi variety but the lure of the Land Rover was too great.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107697 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3