poptop problems

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:04 pm
by daviesc (deleted)

Hi All
I’m a newbie here and would like to seek advice from all you far more experienced eriba owners.
I just bought a ’91 Puck. She’s seen better days but looks ok. The big issue is the roof. It pops up ok and looks fine. When you close it feels like it’s going to break and also feels like something has broken between the inner and outer roof – does this make sense so far ?
When the top is closed, it’s in no way flush to the roof of the van it sticks up at an angle that I think would not be suitable for towing. Therefore is has to be strapped down. Any advice, ideas, help is welcomed.

Scroll up

RE: poptop problems

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:10 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

to the site sorry I do not have knowledge to help with your problem but I have no doubt before long one of the experienced members will be along to help.

Mr &Mrs Morphy (Bev & Steve)

Eriba Troll name Trevor year 2004 pushing a Honda Crv 2.2 diesel residing in sunny Lancashire.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:18 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.834 Posts

Could you post some pictures to help us diagnose the problem?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:29 pm
by daviesc (deleted)

Sure - Thanks for looking. I really appreciate it.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 20150712_184535.jpg 
 20150712_184613.jpg 
 20150712_184638.jpg 

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:30 pm
by daviesc (deleted)

and this one as well. A close up of the issue.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 20150712_184521.jpg 

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:51 pm
by hob (deleted)

Looking at those pictures it seems the metal frame that holds the top of the skirt to the roof has become detached from the fibreglass top.
I just had a look at mine and cannot see how it should be attached so I would guess that they must fix it with some sort of glue at the factory.

Your next step should probably be to remove the canvas to get a better look at what has happened and how to fix it.

Or get a mobile caravan service engineer in for a look and an estimate for the repair.

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:54 pm
by victoriana (deleted)

Was this the puck on ebay by any chance ? Hope you don't mind me asking

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:01 pm
by daviesc (deleted)

Ok, I see what you mean. Thanks. Can you recommend a person who is good ? I'm based in N.W London / Herts.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:03 pm
by daviesc (deleted)

Hi, I don't mind. Yes it was. It's all good everywhere else (apart from age related stuff) this is the main issue. Why do you ask ?

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:03 pm
by Ribski | 1.468 Posts

I agree with 'hob' looks like the fibreglass top is warped and detached from the frame - I too don't know how the two parts should be held to-gether, Is there a roof expert in the house ? !

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:14 pm
by hob (deleted)

The metal section I have marked in red should be firmly attached to the underside of the roof in the position it is in now you will not be able to close the roof.

f2t226537p22834n2_PSpgFOUw.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Forum moderator
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:18 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: daviesc wrote in post #8
Ok, I see what you mean. Thanks. Can you recommend a person who is good ? I'm based in N.W London / Herts.

Not from where I am

This site might find you one

http://www.mobilecaravanengineers.co.uk/ click link here

Forum moderator
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:32 pm
by daviesc (deleted)

I'll give them a go. Thanks for your help.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:29 pm
by victoriana (deleted)

Thought about bidding on her but saw the roof problem. And as I am useless at fixing stuff thought better of it.
But glad you gave it a go. I hope you fix her.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:26 pm
by daviesc (deleted)

I'll let you know how it goes. It looks sort of straight forward........

Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 12 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107697 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6