RE: Leveler

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:20 pm
by Eric (deleted)

In reply why not use ramps, the theory is this put a ramp behind each wheel on level ground move up said ramps stop and caravan will roll back down.. Now put two of new design move the caravan up stop and it wifi stay there 👍

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:56 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.824 Posts

Quote: Eric wrote in post #31
In reply why not use ramps, the theory is this put a ramp behind each wheel on level ground move up said ramps stop and caravan will roll back down.. Now put two of new design move the caravan up stop and it wifi stay there 👍
Something's wrong with the logic here. If the caravan is on level ground then levelers aren't needed and as back to front leveling is done with the jockey wheel, you only need to use a leveler behind the wheel on the low side for transverse leveling.

I have on occasion had to put one wedge on top of another to gain enough height on badly sloping ground and have even dug holes so as to lower the jockey wheel but the only time I can recall using ramps on two wheels was when we had a VW camper.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:52 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:00 pm
by Eric (deleted)

this was in theory please read it, someone asked why use these instead of ramps well the reason is van will not roll back as it would on a ramp, i thought it was obvious that you would not use two and use only one in practice remember this a test on completely level ground so no bias pull the van up the slope and it will roll back down the slope, pull it up on the new design and it will stay there.

Pepé Le Pew likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:21 pm
by Agger (deleted)

In all our years caravanning I can't recall using a spirit level or ramps, we had them but surely people are able to see if it's level! If it's half a nat's out well if you must use a ramp, meanwhile I'll be enjoying the view with a cuppa

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! 😎

I am above no one and no one is below me
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:14 pm

Quote: Eric wrote in post #33
this was in theory please read it,
I did, but thank you for your explanation.

I wish you joy with your new gadget.

Forum Administrator

Last edited Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:52 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Quote: Agger wrote in post #34
In all our years caravanning I can't recall using a spirit level or ramps,
I've always said that there was something about you that wasn't quite on the level, Graham.

Forum Administrator

and like this post!
Last edited Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:53 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:39 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

The level is designed for the side to side to tell you what notch on the ramp to sit for level using the level across the van. To do it from front to back just use the level in that direction and the bubble in the middle as you would an ordinary spirit level.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12788 topics and 107411 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2