Sick Remoska

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:59 pm
by Blyth Spirit (deleted)

Has anyone ever taken a Remoska lid apart? I had a geyser moment with the water pump and it spurted water all round the under sink cupboard. I cleared it up but didn't realise that water had got into the Remoska lid. When I plugged it in and switched it on it blew the electrics. Mea Culpa next door caravan! We gaily took it to pieces to dry it out. It still works so it's worth a try but it's awfully difficult to get back together! Anybody done it? Sally

Scroll up

RE: Sick Remoska

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:57 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

thought this was one of the issues with remoskas, assuming its from Lakeland you may get a replacement.

Eriba troll 540 2003 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Ah but I bought it two years ago second hand so even I haven't got that much cheek! And if I had I think I should at least have it back together when I knock on their door!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:45 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

ooo didn't know your circumstances regarding 2nd ownership,
many eriba folk recommend remoskas and the returns service,

good luck in getting it back together..
hope someone will be able to advise..

Eriba troll 540 2003 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:19 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.525 Posts

Lakeland don't care how many owners it's had, If you present a Remoska they will honour their guarantee, they're the only ones who sell them so it had to come from them.

Triton 420GT pushing Honda CRV SE 1.6 i-DTEC
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:46 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

Yes that's what I understand Julie

Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Pepe's Walk
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:48 pm

Thank you for your advice. It's better! Went under the screwdriver this afternoon and against all odds we got it back together. And it works, I think.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:04 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.743 Posts

Quote: Julie Grafo wrote in post #5
Lakeland don't care how many owners it's had, If you present a Remoska they will honour their guarantee, they're the only ones who sell them so it had to come from them.
Lakeland aren't the only place that sells them, contrary to their own website. You can get them here, and for quite a lot less.

You pays your money and you takes your choice. If you buy it from Lakeland they will, apparently, replace it ad infinitum. The premium you pay to Lakeland - and I reckon it's a pretty hefty one - is effectively an extended warranty. Or an insurance policy.

If you buy one from them and it never goes wrong there's an argument to say that you're subsidising all the other ones that do go bang, whether they were bought from Lakeland by other punters or bought second hand.

You could also argue that someone who buys one second hand and then gets - or attempts to get - a replacement from Lakeland if it conks is taking advantage of Lakeland at best and being dishonest at worst.

I'm sure this hasn't escaped Lakeland's attention. With what they charge for new ones they can afford to be generous in their replacement policy, but you can be equally sure that Lakeland aren't losing any money with Remoskas.

The other thing is that until recently they were indeed the only place you could get a new one in this country, and they did what most companies with a monopoly do - they charged as much as they thought they could get away with. It served them well on both counts - it more than covers what it costs them to replace the duds and makes them a nice profit into the bargain. It's a popular product. Lakeland can't really go wrong.

Would you buy one at a cheaper price and take a chance on it not going wrong, or would you rather pay nearly twice as much to be safe in the knowledge you can get another if it packs in?

I dunno...

yy-R56kh

Last edited Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:05 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:46 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

We've had at 4 replacement Remoskas (due to the 'shorting' problems with the, now discontinued,glass lid models. All have been exchanged, with no problems, but perhaps because we've been honest about how long we've had them,latterly we had to pay the difference of the current price and what it was when last replaced ! The latter ones don't have the glass window in the lid, which I think was the problem, as the seal let in steam and shorted the heater element !

Ours has heavy use, both at home and in the Eriba - wouldn't be without it.

But in answer to the OP - yes I have dismantled and re assembled - not easy ! but because of the sealing problems it soon shorted itself out from the cooking steam - unfortunately taking the "site" hook up with it - which can be a little embarrassing if it happens on several occasions at the same site. So I'd advise take it to Lakeland and take advantage of their exchange policy !

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:37 pm

It's a tricky one. We only have the one Remoska, it is a replacement for the first one which had the glass window in the lid and packed up. However I am getting a little fed up (and worried about forgetting it) with packing it in the Eriba. So I'm seriously thinking of buying a second one purely for the Eriba and if I do it will be the cheaper one.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:14 pm
by grandmakate (deleted)

I had the same problem Julie and now have one in the kitchen and one in the Eriba.

Julie Grafo likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:23 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I'm fascinated by these Remoskas. What size do you have? There are so many models. What do you cook in them? A whole chicken? Cakes? I'd love some ideas, please!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:21 pm

Ours is the Standard, if I was buying again I would probably get the Grand just so I could get a pizza in it. We occasionally have a pizza and have to make 2 small ones, eat one while the second is cooking. You can cook anything in a Remoska that you can do in an oven. Can't help with meat as I am a veggie but we have cooked casseroles, curries, yorkshire pudding, jacket spuds, oven chips, potato tortilla, stuffed peppers, chili, the list goes on. Although we have a super double oven in the kitchen I use the Remoska several times a week, they are so cheap to run. It's really useful in the Eriba as you can cook a proper meal, not the endless fry ups that we had before the Remoska. Apparently you can bake wonderful cakes in them but I am not a baker but I am sure there will be someone along soon who is.

Last edited Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:23 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:38 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.824 Posts

Quote: Islay Corbel wrote in post #12
What do you cook in them? A whole chicken? Cakes? I'd love some ideas, please!
When we first got ours I trawled t'internet for recipes and printed them into a document which I've attached to this post for anyone who is interested.

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
REMOSKA RECIPES.docx REMOSKA RECIPES.docx

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:38 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:54 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Thank you for the help. I'm very tempted.

Aaron Calder likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107401 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4