Another BIP query

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:21 pm
by kevandnia (deleted)

Here's a link to a phot of my BIP. (Hope it works as its a while since I used Dropbox) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u7x0j3rcgpv78...lKz7iqBYDa?dl=0

Can anyone tell me what the square yellow button does. There's no reference to it in the manual I have.

Thanks.

likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Another BIP query

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:48 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.834 Posts

Is it an earth leakage test switch?

If you press it when the mains current is 'on' (switch up), does the switch flip down (off) and cut the current?

If so, it is a safety device that allows you to check that all is working correctly. The earlier models like my original BIP didn't have earth leakage detectors and that was rectified when I updated the system after BIP failure.

I can't find any details of the Scheiber BIP 30.65100.84 on the net. Strange.

PS I think the switch marked GZ N32 should normally be down (off) as (if it's what I think it is) it allows 12v appliances to run from the car battery when car are caravan are hitched. This feature is not normally needed on UK spec vans.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:17 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:09 pm
by kevandnia (deleted)

Thanks for that. I'll test it when I'm next hooked up, assuming it needs 230v.

As for the GZ N32 my manual describes it as ' a one pole circuit breaker for charger'. Although the BIP in the manual doesn't have the yellow button. When I'm next hooked up I'll check if flipping it stops the leisure battery charging.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:54 pm
by kevandnia (deleted)

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #2
Is it an earth leakage test switch?

If you press it when the mains current is 'on' (switch up), does the switch flip down (off) and cut the current?

If so, it is a safety device that allows you to check that all is working correctly. The earlier models like my original BIP didn't have earth leakage detectors and that was rectified when I updated the system after BIP failure.

I can't find any details of the Scheiber BIP 30.65100.84 on the net. Strange.

PS I think the switch marked GZ N32 should normally be down (off) as (if it's what I think it is) it allows 12v appliances to run from the car battery when car are caravan are hitched. This feature is not normally needed on UK spec vans.

I can confirm that the yellow button is indeed a safety device as it flips the switch down and cuts the current.

As for the GZ N32 you may well be right. It certainly doesn't isolate the leisure battery as I thought. The leisure battery continues to charge whether the switch is up or down. I've now set it to off and I'll see if that affects anything whilst towing.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107694 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2