Autumn Clean up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

We won't be camping any more this year, so yesterday I cleaned the roof with a stiff brush, hot water and a drop of car cleaner and then rinsed off with the hose. Today I intend to clean the sides with Driclean. Carole may vacuum the interior while I'm doing that. Then turn her round, nose in for security, wheel lock on again, cover on and look forward to next season. Bedding is out and laundered.

Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Magpie likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Autumn Clean up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 pm
by granddadgrape | 1.609 Posts

While you're putting your Eriba to bed we are preparing for our first trip in ours. Off on Saturday to Wales for five nights. What is the Driclean you mention in your post.

Alan

Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:26 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.747 Posts

Quote: granddadgrape wrote in post #2
What is the Driclean you mention in your post.
Derek's getting his caravan confused with his tuxedo. It's an artist thing. Happens all the time.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:36 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.530 Posts

Just covered ours up today after a thorough cleaning. Nice that she is well protected but sad to see her disappear for the winter

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 pm
by marmite | 405 Posts

Phil is off in ours for a two day race meet, then nothing until the Mission Motorsport Race of Remembrance at Anglesey in November, then a weekend mid December for our eldests birthday, then used as spare room for the Christmas and New Year get together then perhaps we may bed her down for a month or two before Goodwood in March by which time we'll be raring to go again - it's hardly worth the effort of getting the cover on.

Denise

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Alan, I found it in a caravan stuff store a few years back and use it for every clean now. No water involved.. Spray it on, wipe it then buff it using those micro cloth things. This reminds me to get some more. I tend to use an online supply.
The name is 1drywash, by 1drywash.com.
Good luck

Van turned to toe bar inwards for security, windows on vent opening. Still to remove the leisure battery, attach wheel lock, add bung to sink waste pipe and cover her up. One thing at a time these days.

Last edited Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:33 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:06 am
by Randa france | 13.186 Posts

Wow. I went down the garden this morning to tie things down before the expected storms and our Eriba is GREEN. It looks like its been abandoned for a couple of years.

We are not that late in putting it to bed for winter. We've just been waiting for a decent few days of weather to wash and polish her. Still smells fresh inside though.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:07 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

The dry cleaner sounds great. I've ordered some to try.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Cover on and tied down, maybe some wind about Islay, but we always do. The cover was made for a Familia I think so it covers the Puck L OK, door in the wrong place of course, but so?

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12809 topics and 107570 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3