1st service on new vans

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:22 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.529 Posts

Dear all, if you are fortunate in owning a new van, a warning regarding 1st service.
I contacted Lowdhams of Nottingham today to book my Feb 2017 1st service.
I was informed Hymer state this 1st service must be completed before the van is 12 months old. [news to me] Subsequent services have a 6 month grace period.
Lowdhams are already booked up for February. [business is obviously good] I had wanted to drop van off on a Friday am for collection pm following Monday, so I'm now booked in for January.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: 1st service on new vans

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:42 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #1

I was informed Hymer state this 1st service must be completed before the van is 12 months old. [news to me] Subsequent services have a 6 month grace period.

News to me as well, Colin. As you may know - but perhaps not in your case (UK ownership) - from 2016 new vans don't come with a service book as such and instead owners are issued with an A4 hardback file into which service records and the like should be stored. In this file (in our case at least) is an A4 sheet divided equally into two columns with the first column being service related info whilst the second is related to the damp test.

Anyway, as specifically concerns the service interval as this is the subject of your post, it states that the 1st service is due 12 months/1 year after take over by the owner - written in German obviously in our case.

The damp test is also due after 12 months/1 year although in this case 6 months grace is given. However, and this is important, the following test i.e. that normally due after 2 years is not extended and falls due 6 months later to bring inspections intervals back into sync so to say.

As our paperwork is issued in the land where they make these darn vans I'd be interested from where Lowdhams is getting this information and I wonder whether there is the possibility that they are binding the applicable conditions - service and damp test - together as one.

Last edited Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:43 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:17 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.529 Posts

I am on a service contract that does both the van service and Hymer damp test all in one.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:09 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #3
I am on a service contract that does both the van service and Hymer damp test.

Ah, you didn't mention that before.

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 6 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12809 topics and 107570 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4