Roof Cover?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:32 am
by Jeremy (deleted)

Hi,

We have a 2004 Troll 540 GT. We have a full Protec cover which we don't like using as it scuffs the windows. As the roof is the area that suffers most I'm interested in finding out if there's such a thing as a roof only cover. I've had no luck so far and if I don't find anything we may resort to building some kind of car port type cover at the side of the house where we currently keep the van.

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Scroll up

RE: Roof Cover?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:55 am
by catalaneriba (deleted)

Hi,
look at this brand new accessory of Hymer:
https://www.hymer-original-zubehör....er=2875769&c=73

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 am
by eribaMotters | 5.485 Posts

At that price I want the fun in the snow holiday included.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:35 am
by Magpie | 673 Posts

Maypole Caravan Top Cover - various sizes and sources. We've got one because in the summer our 'van is under the flight path of the local house martins! Don't think it scratches the windows but as it is secured by hooks on the end of elastics you have to be careful they don't ping back!
Their blurb:
'The Maypole Caravan Top Cover offers superior waterproof protection for your caravan during the winter months.
The cover is designed to keep bird mess and tree sap from the roof of the caravan and ideal for storage in the winter months while not in use.
These are easy to put on so you don’t have to struggle to put a full cover on.
Waterproof means there is no transit of moisture through the material. Waterproof covers keep rainfall out, but will not readily allow evaporation of naturally occurring condensation.'

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 am
by bernardm (deleted)

Very nice! But will it go over the toll out awning ? Our A/L cover is very tight at the front. N

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:53 am
by eribaMotters | 5.485 Posts

If you would prefer to spend £80/85 on a generic cover you could have a breathable Kampa.
Attached is the small size that I bought on spec as I thought it would fit. The van is on axle stands, but wheels only 20mm off the ground. I have a Fiamma Caravanstore on the other side and some pipe insulation over the Kampa plastic gutter trim that I leave fitted on the door side. On the back of the Triton I have left part of the cycle rack in place. Both sides zip open and if you undo the front straps and the one I have put around the front you can get into the van. It has only been on a few weeks but it seems resistant to the high winds we have had and not blown about or moved.

Colin9 - box label-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)10 - final fit -800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:16 am
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

the Hymer cover looks really classy but like Colin the price even in Euros makes me shiver.

We got a Kampa cover from AL to fit our Troll and used it last winter. it seemed to do a good job and we could get into the van to mess about. I checked the van carefully when I removed it last March and didn't notice any scratches on the windows at all. It does feel quite a soft material but perhaps it might harden with time. Have yet to put it on for this winter, probably in a couple of weeks. MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:26 am
by Poptop320 | 2.628 Posts

You can get generic roof covers which will fit,

g3p1688-Familia-roof-cover.html#viewport

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Odd that Hymer should be themselves providing a full cover which can also serve as a simple roof cover. Without seeing the item in question, and thinking back to a recent discussion of whether or not to cover the van, one post referred to the manual Overwinter (2) (post #27) in which it states that forced ventilation points should not be blocked. Presumably the vent in the roof is also counted as being a forced ventilation point as this cannot be closed, other than with a cover of course.

Last edited Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:10 pm
by Jeremy (deleted)

Wow, thanks for all the replies folks. I'd love to think I could afford the fancy Hymer one but as far as I can tell from that link it's only specified for Model years 2007 and up. I'll browse your other helpful hints later on!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:29 pm
by Jeremy (deleted)

Hi,

Can you tell me the make of that one?

Thanks.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:30 pm
by Magpie | 673 Posts

Quote: Poptop320 wrote in post #8

Yes, I think that's one of the Maypole ones.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:38 pm
by Jeremy (deleted)

Quote: Magpie wrote in post #12
Quote: Poptop320 wrote in post #8

Yes, I think that's one of the Maypole ones.

They look OK but I'm concerned about the non breathable fabric. Everyone has said to me that covers should be breathable but maybe it's not such an issue if I'm just covering the roof??

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:14 pm
by scouteralf | 122 Posts

i use a Maypole roof cover for my Troll555 it covers all of the roof including wind-out awning with spare to come down the windows half way 14ft / 17ft size

troll 555 GT pushing Kia Ceed Estate
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:29 pm
by Jeremy (deleted)

Quote: scouteralf wrote in post #14
i use a Maypole roof cover for my Troll555 it covers all of the roof including wind-out awning with spare to come down the windows half way 14ft / 17ft size

Thanks. Does it hold up to wind? Not a problem with a full cover of course, just worried that the wind might get under the Maypole and tear it off....

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 128 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12764 topics and 107221 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1