Thetford spring

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:12 pm
by eckcan (deleted)

Hi, when I was removing my toilet cassette from its home, I noticed a little spring hanging down from the upper part of the housing. On touching the spring it fell out, it is only about an inch long. I can see where one end of the spring went but cannot decide the correct route of the fitment. Also as at the moment everything is working so I am not sure what it does. Has anyone got any ideas?.eckcanThanks for replys I have finally got around to solving the problem. After failing to find answer decided to clean out the cassette compartment and lo I found a tag that had broken of , where the spring attaches to . I removed a cover, plunger came out and I was able to glue with extra strong adhesive the tag back on. Once it was all back together it works well.Not easy to see but one more step on the discovery trail.eckcan

Last edited Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:12 pm | Scroll up

RE: Thetford spring

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:14 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.505 Posts

I've just had a look. The spring tensions the lever/flap that you operate from inside the bathroom for opening up the cover over the hole. It should have a hook on each end of it. One back part locates on the flap mechanism whilst the front part is attached to the main body of the assembly.
Sorry if this us a bit garbled but I'm under the influence of heat and alcohol.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:33 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.743 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
I've just had a look.
That's very helpful of you.

I'm glad you weren't just going through the motions.

cabbie37 and Aaron Calder like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:36 am
by eckcan (deleted)

Thanks that helps but I am not sure of the positioning of the spring, does it go over or under.eckcan

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:41 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.505 Posts

Sorry I cannot post a photo, I'm using an old Kindle for internet.
The spring lies horizontally suspended below the white plastic body about 60mm in on the left hand side. It runs in a direction away from the hatch door. The front hook locates in a small hole. The back hook appears to be hooked over a lip. It is difficult to see as I cannot get my head inside, even if I wanted to.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:10 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.824 Posts

It's a difficult area to photograph. I've just had a look and can't see the spring to which you refer.

Mine is a 2003 Eriba; is the one in question a later model?

Toilet01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:02 pm
by eckcan (deleted)

Thanks I will have to get out tomorrow lie on my back and work it out and get the mirror in.eckcan

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12787 topics and 107398 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4