RE: Funny little lever

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 05, 2014 3:15 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #14
I think that, like me, you may have misunderstood what Rod was saying, Graham.

You are quite right and I apologise for causing any aspertions

Seriously, Sorry Rod

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 29, 2014 8:44 am
by SeptimusFry (deleted)

Just seen your very true comment. I can recommend the industrial practice for all things which must be done before leaving - like this one of disconnecting.

You need a token/list for each item to remember; the list stays close to the driver (above the sun-visor in our case) and can be removed only when the job has been done - disconnect in this case.

We also use it for remembering to take stuff with us from the house - during the weeks before, we create a list of all the things to go, and the list gets stuffed above the visor and gets finally checked off when setting out.

I am a person with an Alzheimer-like memory and need 'visual stimulus' most of the time, so this is the system which I have found works for me. We have recently come to caravanning - our van is not yet legal in France - but used this system for our years of dinghy racing and later with cruising. Part of it is pre-set check-lists, the rest is stuff which has been specifically added for the latest trip.

PS When I said industrial, the actual industrial version would make the ignition key an integral part of the unhooking mechanism !

All posts by me are benign and never require angry replies.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 29, 2014 9:52 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.834 Posts

You may find this list that I put together for the very same reason helpful. It needs editing to reflect your own circumstances, equipment etc.

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
Pre departure checklist.pdf Pre departure checklist.pdf

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 31, 2014 9:17 am
by SeptimusFry (deleted)

Aaron, I love the 'morning tablets taken' top of the list. Applies to anyone over 55, I reckon.

Anyway, on this connector thing. I have an adapter that looks like this: [img]adaptateur-pour-caravane--bateau-2p-t-m-cee-fa_1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)[/img] and the orientation is such that the flap on the adapter opens upwards, as does the flap on the 'van. So I have to bend the adapter flap back so that in any other material it would break, in order to insert the socket. No need to have a release mechanism as it never gets to trip the locking part.

Now I come to think of it, this is great !! If I forget my list or my token, and I drive away, it will fall out quite easily... (((OK, to save someone taking me too seriously, I know that the pull would be at the wrong angle.)))

All posts by me are benign and never require angry replies.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 31, 2014 10:06 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.834 Posts

It could be that the plug has been assembled incorrectly as the blue flap should be at the top and as you insert it into the socket with it horizontal it should click into place.

The earth pin should be at the bottom next to the keyway (as shown in your picture). Could the socket have been installed upside down?

P1010086.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) P1010085.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) P1010084.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Sat May 31, 2014 10:31 am | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107697 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3