To re-upholster or not to re-upholster That is the question ..... ?!?!

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:16 pm
by RoofRaiser (deleted)

Our newly acquired Triton (2006) is in pretty good shape generally, but the seat covers are looking a bit tired. They are the original navy and gold stripe fabric, and, generally speaking, I’m a big advocate of preserving originality. However, I’m considering having the whole lot re-upholstered in a more contemporary fabric to freshen up the look of the interior. This would be something I’d use a professional upholstery company for. Definitely not a diy job for us!!

So ... good idea or bad idea? If bad, why? Anyone done it and have experiences to share? And can anyone recommend a company who can do the work?

We’re based in the east midlands (Derby .... ish) so would like to use a reasonably local company if possible. Thank for any thoughts .....

Scroll up

RE: To re-upholster or not to re-upholster That is the question ..... ?!?!

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:37 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.377 Posts

After 14 years I see nothing wrong in changing the upholstery material. Infact I would change the foam as well. I would not worry about originality, just go for anything that does not shout out or is loud. Something a little restrained that will alow a mix and match of cushions/bedding materials is the best route.
I'd go to an independant small upholstery company who can add that personal touch.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:05 pm
by FINNWOODY | 137 Posts

Belfield Direct in Ilkeston, Derbyshire do caravan upholstery/foam refurbs.They are booked up until the end of August.

Last edited Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:06 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:31 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I would like to assume you intend to keep this van for some time, so why not decorate it as YOU would like it? it's you that will be sat inside it so make it as you would like it.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:06 am
by Randa france | 13.010 Posts

One of the first things we did after acquiring the van.

We (the Royal we that is) decided to make new fixed outer covers, leaving the original material in situ. However "we" made the new covers so that they could accommodate 2" memory foam to add to the comfort. g43p537-Randa-s-Pad.html

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:10 pm
by RoofRaiser (deleted)

Thanks for this. We’re near Burton on Trent so no too far from Ilkeston. I’ll give them a call. It would be a job for over the winter months, so no rush. The van is kept in storage and we can store the cushions etc at home in the mean time. Just need to decide on a fabric we both like now .... might be a challenge ....

FINNWOODY likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:12 pm
by Randa france | 13.010 Posts

Make sure it's fireproof
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:49 pm
by Old Rocker | 519 Posts

We used Crystal Upholstery for our refit which I believe has moved to new premises at Ilkeston

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth

Last edited Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:53 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Of course. It's your toy to play with as you wish!

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
FINNWOODY likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12618 topics and 106370 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4