Fridge - Freezer - Coolbox

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:34 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.548 Posts

Have a look at this:- https://www.camperite.co.uk/tristar-hybr...ooler-12v-230v/

As several other members do, we have been in the habit of carrying a table top fridge and at times freezer when on long European holidays. As we are now tending to visit more sites and spend less time on each site I've been thinking about the faff of defrosting the fridge each time and came across something different to the usual 3 way fridge we used in our trailer tent days that I had considered going back to
You have a 12v element that will drop 20c on ambient, so easily cold enough for when in the car between sites, but the 240v mains side is a bit different. It runs from 10c to -15c. I questioned whether this was based on 20c ambient temperature and was told NO., it's exactly as it says in the specification. So basically it can be used as a fridge or freezer on site.
It is also marketed under a slightly different name here:- https://www.homesteadcaravans.co.uk/acce...mo-electric.htm

I've ordered one from Camperite Leisure. They have 2 or 3 left and cannot get any more, especially at this price. Before coming across Camperite I'd contacted another dealer who told me the importer/distributor Quest had no UK stock until atleast March of next year. I did find a number and contacted Tristar [Smartwares] for more information but they were to be honest, useless.

On the continent Mobicool produce a similar specification model, The Mobicool MB40.
In the UK, Dometic have something similar but with an lcd display called the Dometic Mobicool DC40.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

rs540 likes this post!
Last edited Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:27 pm | Scroll up

RE: Fridge - Freezer - Coolbox

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:28 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I bought one from Obelink in the Netherlands 4 years ago, [it was on special at €180] it does what it says, a great piece of kit.
Don't do what we did though left it on 12v overnight in the car, dead battery
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:20 pm

Update,
it arrived a few days after delivery and does look nice. It is a solid unit with sides in a very tough and nice shade of grey abs type plastic. Although heavy the handles either side mean it is easy to lift and when full should be better balanced. When I took the blue cling film off the front metal section I could see one very small mark that does not concern me. This must have happened in factory as the packaging would not allow this to happen in transit.
After leaving for 24hrs on mains the empty unit dropped to -12/15 within an hour or so, making a similar level of noise, as expected, to your domestic fridge. On 12v it is obviously a lot quieter.
If you are after extra cooling I think this is worth considering and at this price very attractive.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
SOULBLUESMAN68, Sportique and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:04 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.184 Posts

hi Colin

It would be great for you to give us some feedback on the fridge after you have managed to use it for a few weeks in some hot continental sun and compare it to how the fridge in your Triton is coping with the heat.

Hopefully summer of 2021...................if the ferries don't try to price you out!

MikeT

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:20 pm

Will do. It will have no problem outperforming the Triton fridge. I cannot see it out performing individual capabilities of the separate ST rated table-top fridge and table-top freezers we have used though, but it it has distinct advantages. One unit instead of two, easier to move, no need to defrost between sites etc.

Colin

Last edited Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:18 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107694 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1