Sterilising onboard water system

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 18, 2021 4:25 pm
by Threeberries3 (deleted)

I have just brought my Troll home from storage after a year of non use, sob. Anyway I am in the process of sterilising the system including on board water tank and thought I would check the pipe which feeds the onboard water tank from outside as I can’t get enough wster in the system to soak that overnight. I was surprised at how dirty, probably mouldy it was so used a large pipe cleaner to clean it then poured sterilised water through it . Worth checking if you have an onboard water tank.

Colin
Eriba 542 behind a AWD Renault Kadjar
Scroll up

RE: Sterilising onboard water system

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 18, 2021 5:53 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.531 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Colin,
I've used baby bottle sterilising tablets and lots of flushing out in the past to get rid of the aftertaste, until it was brought to my attention that my water heater might not like this. So this year I've changed to Puriclean. Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162983955421 Easy and no aftertaste.
The filler tube from the outside being clear usually gets a bit black so I leave a rag soaked in a weak bleach solution in it for 24hrs. This year it was not so effective so I loosened the jubilee clips, rotated the pipe 180 degrees and repeated. I then went at it with the pipe cleaner to clean the last bit up.

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Poptop320 and Magpie like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 19, 2021 6:37 pm
by Threeberries3 (deleted)

I use Puriclean too, saw it on this site, good stuff.
I've left mine in overnight and flushed out today ready for our 2 weeks outing to Betws-y-coed in 2 weeks time, hurray

Colin
Eriba 542 behind a AWD Renault Kadjar
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 20, 2021 2:21 pm
by kevandnia (deleted)

We also use puriclean. However, we only ever use the onboard water for hand washing or dishes. Never for drinking. We usually take a 5 litre container of bottled water with us and once that's finished top up from an outside tap. I also have a separate container for the dog's water.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12810 topics and 107575 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3