Replace single 240v socket with double

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:46 pm
by bazzapc | 5 Posts

Hi all. I'm about to install a couple of double sockets in our 2017 540GT Troll and occurred to me that I could also replace the single by the front window with a double so I looked underneath the shelf and think I've found spare holes ready to take that. I've attached a photo and would really appreciate if anyone more knowledgeable is able to confirm or deny my thinking

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 20220422_162121.jpg 

Scroll up

RE: Replace single 240v socket with double

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:51 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.502 Posts

This recent thread may be of use How do I pull a new 12V cable to the front?
I've used these folk in the past. If you phone they will mix and match to your needs. They are very helpful. https://clearcutconversions.co.uk/produc...s-and-switches/

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:57 pm
by bazzapc | 5 Posts

Thanks, yes it does. One of the posts by Colin states exactly that extra holes are made in the underneath section of the shelf, which is precisely what I wanted to know but couldn't find. It looks like I posted this thread in the wrong section.........sorry!

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:03 am
by pooksmith (deleted)

When I did this recently I also realised there are pre-drilled holes alongside the single socket. I decided to NOT use these in the end. Rather than replace the single with a double (or triple), I added a new double spaced away from the existing single.

Colin is right about Clearcut Conversions. Excellent. And they seem to be the only reseller I could find online who sell the trims to match the current style of CBE products used in the Eriba.

There are great instructions from Clearcut, but they suggest a 54mm hole saw. Depending on which sockets/switches you're fitting you may not need such a large hole. I used a 30mm hole saw for the USB and single switches I fitted. Less chance of breakout that would be visible!!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 48 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12785 topics and 107386 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0