RE: poptop problems

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:56 pm
by Jaybeeonline (deleted)

I have exactly the same issue and closer inspection has revealed that the glue has dried out between the insulation panel and the fibreglass cap and separated.

On my roof, the aluminium part is secured by a thin strip of fibreglass matting, which has failed; however having looked a later model roof, Eriba realised they had an issue and increased the depth of the hinges to catch the aluminium and give a more secure fixing.

I just need to figure out how to replicate this then reglue the damn roof together.

Not an easy job on mine.

J.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:32 pm
by Randa france | 13.205 Posts

Just posted a photo of our Troll. Hope it's of some help Jaybee. Pop Up Roof Issue on My Bali
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:22 pm
by daviesc (deleted)

Hi J.

You're spot on with your description.

I agree, not easy, but it can be done I'm sure. I called Automotive leisure, they did not want to know. I'm awaiting an engineer though I fear
they'll give me the same sort of answer. I'll certainly let you know how it goes and if I discover an 'easy' way I'll be sure to post it here. Good Luck!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:58 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

possibly to late but ive seen someone remove the canvas by pulling the inner ceiling wood off the upper fibreglass bit extreme..
the source was either a well documented restoration with pictures, or a you tube somewhere on internet

the dropped section is the wood that the ceiling wallpaper glues to, my first method of removing canvas having removed all the pesky screws before realised with Agger the canvas slid out that 1st pesky canvas removal method is on the 10 year restoration forum blog written to help others not make same mistakes,

can say the upper metal canvas rail with all screws out did sort of go ontop of the cross brackets that hold roof up
the fix would probably be to remove the canvas by sliding out, remove the pop roof from eriba and lay upside down ceiling upward to reglue and clamp to the fibre glass, jandi may be able to help with a glue.
good luck
Pop

Eriba troll 540 2003 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:11 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12833 topics and 107697 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6