RE: We've had a baby.

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:35 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.822 Posts

From the pictures you'll be very comfortable when Amanda relegates you to the new doghouse, Roger.

It looks to be in lovely condition. Congratulations on an excellent purchase, but what are your plans for it?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:00 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 302 Posts

… just seen a twin of ‘mother’ this morning; a purple-stripe one! It was leaving site so I wasn’t quick enough to grab a snap.

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling “Little Flo”, a Troll 530.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:26 pm
by Randa france | 13.163 Posts

Yes, there are quite a few purple stripe and yellow stripe ones around Steve. They are slightly newer.

Never thought I'd say this after all the flack this awning has been getting but I am mightily impressed with the Kampa 260 air awning, especially with the addition of an electric pump.

We only temporarily erected it this morning on uneven ground. It fitted into the awning rail like a dream (only 2600 long however) and one air intake connects all the tubes. Less than 10 minutes to have it ready for pegging. The additional canopy is a great thing to have.

ZIMG_5828.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)ZIMG_5829.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)zIMG_5830.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Simboc2004, Ellen and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:09 pm

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #16
From the pictures you'll be very comfortable when Amanda relegates you to the new doghouse, Roger.

It looks to be in lovely condition. Congratulations on an excellent purchase, but what are your plans for it?

Initially we'll use it for weekends but at the same time we hope it'll be useful for some of ours kids and thier nippers. Easy to tow, the awning is easy to erect etc.

Longer term who knows. I know Amanda would like to carry on Eriba'ing like Bunny Eribanaut but she was not as confident at doing all the setting up etc on a bigger van.

I think we had a good deal and I don't think it'll lose much if we needed to resale it . They are becoming fewer on the ground now and with the onset of electric tow vehicles not being to manage larger vans etc...................................

Randa (in other words, no plans, just random )

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Simboc2004, Inspecta_Gadget, Islay and Doonhamer like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:41 am

Day 3 of Project "Keep it Simple".

After a successful awning build yesterday where it could be done by one person apart from lifting the awning material and threading it through the awning rail. It went through easily enough and came out single handed but probably a second pair of hands would be very useful when threading it through, today we tried this out.

Will a 3 metre long Isabella Shadow fit a 2.6 metre long awning rail? (we have one in stock)

Yes but of course it'll have a 200mm overhang on each side which works OK.

So, for the future, a new centre upright and a ridge pole should do the trick and this shade can be erected by one person.

zIMG_5841.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

Simboc2004 and Islay like this post!
Last edited Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:43 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:58 pm

Since purchasing our new to us Baby, we've had very little time to sit in it and look around closely at things. The outside looks good for the age but the inside is WOW.

It looks almost brand new. The windows don't have a scratch on them and the window gaskets look brand new. The window handles are still very black and unfaded and the screw fixings are still shiny silver. The dancehall floor is unmarked and all the cupboard doors are pristine. Fridge, cooker and sink unit, including the pumped water bottle, are exceptional. The poptop is a bit grubby but it's dark grey so doesn't show the marks.

I need to ask the previous owners what they used to keep the windows especially, so spick and span. I can't imagine they are newly fitted as the cost of doing so would take a HUGE bite out of the price they sold the Puck for and the rest of the interior is way above what we would expect from a van that's nearly 30 years old..

All we need now is a car to tow it with

R and A

Islay and Inspecta_Gadget like this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:01 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12785 topics and 107386 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0