RE: Touch-operated lights on new vans

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:18 pm
by eribaista (deleted)

Thanks Colin, I think I will follow your lead regarding replacement. There seems to be a fundamental problem with the units that strangely only manifests itself when the caravan leaves the factory/dealer.

I've also had floppy cupboard doors. Plastic wood in each of of the srew-holes seems to have cured the problem.

Richard

VW Tiguan Eriba Touring 430GT
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:05 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.630 Posts

One of mine has changed colour to a green glow...

The Martians are coming!!

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:45 pm | Scroll up

RE: touch operated lghts on new vans

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:16 pm
by Grandad Super (deleted)

Hi
Just collected my 430 from Automotive Leisure Tebay on Monday
During first night's use the led in the front and one of the washroom lights kept flashing
Turned 12 v off to cure
On the second night the light above the main bed and one over the sink did the same thing.
On the third night no problems until morning when I opened the fridge the lights over the cooker came on.
Contacted Automotive Leisure who told me to bring the caravan in on Thursday morning on our way home
They changed two for the switch type.
They had no more in stock and said they would send the other four on to me to fit at home if I was prepared to do it.
Very good service so far.
Homer need to sort this one out asap .

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:33 pm
by Bryn | 1.022 Posts

What have the Simpsons got to do with it?

Last edited Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:12 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:41 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

They would be as effective as Hymer right now. This has been going on for some time and typical Hymer arrogance has abandoned the thought of quality product for the end user.

Stewart

Triton 420 GT 2008. Skoda Superb MK111 Saloon
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:02 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.830 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: Grandad Super wrote in post #18
Just collected my 430 from Automotive Leisure Tebay on Monday
You are confusing Automotive Leisure, Poole - a long-standing Eriba dealer - with new-kids-on-the-block Adventure Leisure Vehicles, Tebay.

Why they didn't chose a completely different trading name, I can't imagine.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:02 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:47 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I think that's crap service, all this should be checked pre delivery, especially with the rep that Hymer are gaining now.
Dave

Citroen C4 auto 1.6 Hdi Troll 552 - 2005
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:36 am
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Yes definitely an issue! In my case the touch reading light had to be replaced (did it myself) and now got one that works but does not have the power of the original! Had to replace one of them in the bathroom which now has to be put on and off with a punch! I suspect Hymer are letting customers do their research and development and echo eribaMotters concerns

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:15 am
by eribaista (deleted)

I am now advised (by Lowdham) that Hymer have resolved the issue and either developed or sourced a unit that operates correctly. Replacements are evidently being sent. Until then, I continue to live in a state of unpredictable illumination.

Richard

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:46 am
by Biljul | 52 Posts

Got new ones from Lowdhams and fitted them myself________so far no problems.

Bill

Triton 420GT and Suzuki S-Cross Diesel.
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:32 pm
by Grandad Super (deleted)

Predictive text is a pain !!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:00 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.529 Posts

Collected van back off Lowdhams on Tuesday after having had 6 touch-operated down lighters replaced.
I have the van on the drive and have left the 12v power on since getting home. None have decided to go disco or turn themselves on since getting back.
5 work perfectly but the odd front dinette seems a bit sensitive to turning on/off. I got Lowdhams to make a note of this.

At the same time 3 overhead lockers doors were replaced. These seem fine, but I had to glue and plug one screwhole with a matchstick. I have also taken the precaution of removing all the rest of the screws and dabbing a spot of pva on each as I have with the rest of the overhead locker doors. I did likewise with the bottom two hinges on the bathroom door and the top retaining/location pin. On this I think I will follow the idea posted elsewhere of a bolt through the door and fixing.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:31 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

This is terrible to hear that as newer year eriba owners your having to add extra retainer to the screws, and dealing with the light hauntings, good job no one so far has been epileptic
regards P

Eriba troll 540 2003 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:13 pm
by eribaista (deleted)

Yes, it's a shame that Hymer's quality control seems to have slipped. I'm still waiting for my replacement light fittings and although I haven't had to ask for replacement doors, I have had the loose screw problem to deal with on all lockers and bathroom door fittings. Plastic wood seems to have resolved the floppy hinge syndrome.

Richard

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:24 pm
by Harry m (deleted)

We'll we've had the Troll 3 weeks now and we had all the touch lights come on in the night waking us up and having to turn the 12 vote supply off we also have one that doesn't work at all will be contacting Lawdhams this week to be honest would expect better for what you pay

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 12 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12809 topics and 107565 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4