RE: touch operated lghts on new vans

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:11 am
by RichB (deleted)

I'm meant to be getting a new unit in the post from AL today. Apparently "it's a piece of p**s to change them; just 3 screws, remove the casing, and plug the new one in, then re-assemble." Hmm... we'll see. I'll let you know how I get on. Wish me luck!!!

Scroll up

RE: Touch-operated lights on new vans

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:07 pm
by Eribanut | 2.026 Posts

Quote: Spikey wrote in post #36
We have had our new Troll since mid Aug and AL have resolved most problems with the lights, but one of the replacements is now on the blink. Another problem they sorted was the screws dropping out of the table mounting flange, now glued in.

I see what you did there .....

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:31 am
by RichB (deleted)

Well they sent the wrong light fitting! Apparently it was the old one they sent and we have the new design which was supposed to stop these issues! Should be getting the correct ones in a couple of weeks and we'll try again! Let's see......

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:48 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.529 Posts

Well, of the 6 replaced 5 still seem fine. The one one I did think may be at fault is playing up. Will have to e-mail for a replacement when back from France.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:54 pm
by Harry m (deleted)

Well we have had a email today saying the replacements have come so off to Lawdhams next month to get them changed

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:22 am
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Just spotted on e-bay:-
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Switched-...TQAAOSwgLlaZ1b6

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:03 pm
by eribaista (deleted)

Thanks Colin. The replacement touch lights have been working fine for a few months but these are certainly worth keeping in mind should the "touchies" start to gain a sense of independence again.

Richard

Richard

VW Tiguan Eriba Touring 430GT
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:22 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.630 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #51
Just spotted on e-bay:-
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Switched-...TQAAOSwgLlaZ1b6
Colin

If and when mine go faulty I will be replacing them with those switch operated versions. Anybody outside my van looking in must think I am using a boxing speed ball when I am trying to turn my lights on and off...

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:22 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:25 pm
by swa49 (deleted)

Two questions:

1. When did Hymer start fitting the touch sensitive downlighters? I was expecting our 2014 Triton to have them, but on inspection it had the strip lights above the kitchen and in the washroom. There are no holes or hole covers, so I can safely assume the downlighters were never there.

2. Are the touch sensitive reading lights reliable, or can we expect issues with them?

Triton 430GT + Golf mk7 2.0TDi DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:33 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I hesitate to say this but in our experience they're gender sensitive. When we called in at Tebay last week Mrs SDA had trouble switching one off but one touch from me and it shut off.

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:40 pm

Swa49,
the round touch lights situated around the van came in after your Triton was built. They have proved very unreliable, so much so that Hymer seem to be sending replacements out without question. They have allegedly changed the design but I cannot see any difference between my original 1 and replacement 5. Of the replacements 1 needs changing again. I have said I will not accept a direct replacement and requested one of the touch sensitive reading lights as fitted at the back of the van that I believe have no reported faults.

I have been told the latest vans know have a switch for each light, I believe not built into the light body.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:14 pm
by swa49 (deleted)

Motters, thank you. I suppose I can be thankful that we missed them by a model year or two. The little strip lights work beautifully. Regarding the reading lights, of which we have two over the fixed bed at the rear and one over the front dinette. They seem to work ok, but the dimming function is a bit tricky and the blue light is not to my taste. A bit 'form over function' if I may say so.

What's curious about the reading lights at the rear is that there is one on each side, despite the van being a fixed bed model. Both lights at the head end of the bed would make more sense!

Triton 430GT + Golf mk7 2.0TDi DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:20 pm

I share your confusement, although the one at the foot of the bed is useful when cooking, and where it should be in the corner along from its twin we find the general corner light is good for the boss to read by. If she wants lights out before me I can isolate the corner lights from my side on the switch down the side of the wardrobe, whilst leaving my spot on to read by.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:25 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I've not been able to work out why they fit those reading lights as they do either.

Back in '06 we had some brilliant reading lights fitted to our campervan. They were LED in a circular disc on a bendable stalk. The middle single LED was red and the rest were white in two or three rows around the disc. It was touch sensitive and cycled through 'all on', 'half on', 'red only' and 'off'. We used to leave the single red on at night so you could see where to touch the light to bring on more illumination. It also acted as a nightlight, the inside of that van was like a scene from 'The Hunt for Red October' without Sean Connery obvs and half the Red Army Choir.

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:08 pm

I think I might have found the source of Leisure Vehicles switched led lights. Maypole MP82921, available here :- Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-LED-MINI-...yUAAOSwBahVCD3J

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12809 topics and 107565 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4