RE: Touch-operated lights on new vans

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:08 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.529 Posts

Lowdhams have admitted that Hymer/Eriba are fully aware of the faulty lights. The procedure will be photograph the unit in question, tell them how many and replacements will be ordered immediately.
I have now left the 12v power on since my return from Lowdhams a couple of weeks ago. Whenever I have gone out to the van they seem to have behaved themselves so the replacements may in fact be better.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.

Last edited Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:44 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:32 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.630 Posts

I had two touch lights changed out by Lowdhams, we are away in the van at the moment and no problems so far...

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:50 am
by eribaista (deleted)

All our original units (except the reading lights) and the four earlier, pre modification replacements have decided to adopt a unilateral approach to illumination. at some point. My advice would be to require any of the earlier lamps to be replaced. There is obviously an inherent design issue and it just a matter of time before they discover the ability to turn themselves on and off. Lowdhams have agreed to order a complete set of replacements and our breath is positively bated in anticipation.

Richard

VW Tiguan Eriba Touring 430GT
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:14 pm
by Harry m (deleted)

Have been in contact with Lawdhams today as Colin said I need to photograph the unit and send it to them as all 6 are turning themselves on at random times day and night all will require changing I will keep you informed as to the outcome

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:28 pm
by Eribanut | 2.026 Posts

Quote: Harry m wrote in post #34
Have been in contact with Lawdhams today as Colin said I need to photograph the unit and send it to them as all 6 are turning themselves on at random times day and night all will require changing I will keep you informed as to the outcome

Ain't modern technology blinking wonderful ?

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:41 pm
by Spikey (deleted)

We have had our new Troll since mid Aug and AL have resolved most problems with the lights, but one of the replacements is now on the blink. Another problem they sorted was the screws dropping out of the table mounting flange, now glued in.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Quote: Spikey wrote in post #36
We have had our new Troll since mid Aug and AL have resolved most problems with the lights, but one of the replacements is now on the blink. Another problem they sorted was the screws dropping out of the table mounting flange, now glued in.

To avoid the table screws coming loose in the future don't travel with the table attached, the van has a very crude suspension which makes the table do an Irish jig on its one leg whilst travelling. My previous Familia did the same, I now travel with the table on the floor and the loose screws in the table is no longer an issue.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:38 am
by RichB (deleted)

Hi
We had a problem with one of the lights in the kitchen coming on unexpectedly in the middle of the night! I called AL and they said it was a known issue. The guy there told me to pop the unit out and pull the cables out and that he's send me a replacement - although he is waiting for stock as it is a brand new van and apparently they have redesigned the light units to avoid this problem (!?!). However, the cables are clearly buried within the void above the kitchen and when I pulled them out the connector was nowhere to be soon. "Oh" said the guy from AL. So now he's sending me a new unit and will talk me through dismantling the casing to get to the connections and then talking me through putting it all back together. I guess that's better than the 400-odd mile round trip to Bournemouth for them to fix it!
Ho hum....

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:13 pm

Quote: RichB wrote in post #38
I guess that's better than the 400-odd mile round trip to Bournemouth for them to fix it!
Ho hum....

You don't have to use the same dealer for warranty repairs it just has to be an official Hymer dealer, I bought my first Familia from AL which is 250 miles away, I had some warranty work carried out at Lowdhams in Huddersfield 25 miles from my house. The only stipulation that Hymer in Germany makes is that it has to have been purchased in the UK to use their UK dealerships.

Scroll up

RE: touch operated lghts on new vans

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:52 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Quote: RichB wrote in post #38
...he's sending me a new unit and will talk me through dismantling the casing to get to the connections and then talking me through putting it all back together..
Quote: Poptop320 wrote in post #39
...for warranty repairs it just has to be an official Hymer dealer.
Not according to Automotive Leisure when they're instructing customers to carry out warranty work

Poptop320 likes this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:00 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:53 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.529 Posts

I was initially going to replace the touch lights myself, due to the 300 mile return journey. Lowdhams were happy for me to do this.
Access to the bullet type connectors son the units above the kitchen area is simple. You pop the 3 caps over the retaining screws in the strip under the overhead cupboards and then remove the screws. The panel comes off showing the wires.
The removal of the lights is more awkward as you have to tease out the central lens/light part from the surrounding metalised surround. You will naturally not want to damage this, but don't worry as the complete unit will be replaced. Once the lens/light is out you will see the two retaining screws for the fitment.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:32 am
by Clive795 | 32 Posts

We collected our Triton 430 on Tuesday and spent three nights trying things out.
The touch lights played up with one in the bathroom going on and off in the night and one over the hob coming on.
I resolved it by turning off the 12v each night.
I think I will have to continue doing this as we go to France for six weeks soon and I have no time for a trip to AL to sort the lights out.
I think we can survive with them and get them sorted out in due course over the winter.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:13 am
by Randa france | 13.186 Posts

Quote: Clive795 wrote in post #42
We collected our Triton 430 on Tuesday and spent three nights trying things out.
The touch lights played up with one in the bathroom going on and off in the night. . . . . . . . . I think I will have to continue doing this as we go to France for six weeks soon . . . . . . . . . . . I think we can survive with them and get them sorted out in due course over the winter.

Just don't camp too near the coast as you won't want to be marooning passing ships.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
PooleDweller, Eribanut and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:48 am
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

I'm surprised that Hymer are still having problems with these lights. I had all mine changed last year and since have had no problems. At the time when they were changed AL told me that the lights had been modified to resolve this problem. I guess Hymer must have had a job lot of thousands of the original faulty lights and they are still working their way through them leaving the dealerships to sort out the problems which doesn't surprise me having had many dealings with them over the past 12 years or so.

2015 Eriba Triton 430GT pushing 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel

Last edited Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:51 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:51 pm
by Harry m (deleted)

Had a phone call from Lowdhams today they will put a claim to hymer will take 6 to 8 weeks to sort I will let Lowdhams change them as all 6 are playing up and after seeing them change one they look a pain in the ass to do

Last edited Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12809 topics and 107565 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1